Thursday, December 17, 2009

Uneventful Pregnancy

I had an uneventful pregnancy, and I mean UNEVENTFUL. I never had morning sickness, no weird cravings, BP was also awesome, weight gain on track, baby always measured within the acceptable limits, never very far from the "norm". A few weeks before I delivered I started to have some swelling, but it would usually go down if I put my feet up. Doc was not worried because my BP was always, great I think the highest it ever got was 130/85.
I had my baby shower on 2/28/09, it snowed that morning, and I was afraid that people wouldn't get to come. We had some out of town invites. But the snow melted pretty quickly so all was well. I had a great time at the shower, got some good stuff, and played some fun games.
We got home that night and were very excited because we got the crib that we wanted, so now we could finish the nursey. We were running short on time baby was due 4/2/09.
Well a new work week was starting so we put off putting the crib together until the next weekend.
On 3/3/09 at around 1:30am, I got out of bed to go the bathroom. Well something was odd, thought my water had broke but not real sure I didn't just pee on myself, so I waiting a few minutes to see what happened and decided to call the Doc. They told me to go to the hosptial, so off we went. At this point I was not freaking out, yet. Well, sure enough we got there and up to L&D and yep my water had broken. So then I was told that I would not be leaving until after baby was born. This was about 2:30am. So sometime later that morning the doc (Not my regular doc) came in and told us that they would do nothing to stop labor but also were not gonna help it along at this point, he wanted to get at least a couple of more days. We were at 35wks. So all day I layed in the bed wathced TV, chatted with family and friends. Actually had to call my doc office because I had an appointment that day. Nothing happened all day, no dialtation, contraction were maybe 1 every couple hours and they did not last long. So around 8:00pm they gave me something to help me sleep, slept until around 10:30 woke-up hurting and they checked I was at 3cm. Decided to give me a little something more to help me sleep, we all thought that in the morning the doc would talk to me about inducing. At 11:30 I woke-up really hurting, again the nurses checked I was at 10cm fully effaced, so within about 2 minutes my room became a delivery room, complete with about 12 nurses, an incubator, and what my husband called a "catcher's mit" plastic thing to catch  baby. Well, we were waiting on the doc to get there but baby had other plans. Baby was coming, the nurses were ready and even had to cut the cord from around her neck before she would come all the way out. Layla Brook made her entrance into this world at 12:02am on 3/4/09, weighing in at a staggering 4lbs 13oz and 18ins long, 5wks early, delivered by the wonderful nurses at UAB Medical West in Bessemer, Alabama.

No comments:

Post a Comment